Just need to talk?
UK: Childline on
US: Trevor Project on
866 488 7386
A) Summary in Plain English
QA is not to be used for dating, meet-ups or hook-ups. "Coming on" to other members is not allowed. Basically, QA should be relatively sex free. Private messages and profiles should be entirely sex free.
QA should remain friendly at all times, and everyone should be treated with respect. Remember that viewpoints that differ from your own are still equally valid. Dissing/slagging off other members is always wrong.
Play nice, then we'll all be happy and the Moderators will have an easy life. Finally, don't ever steal QA content. If there's anything you want to use somewhere else, contact us for permission.
C) Use of QueerAttitude.com
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use QueerAttitude.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any QueerAttitude.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of QueerAttitude.com content requires the prior permission of the website owner (contact) or the respective author.
- You agree to use QueerAttitude.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of QueerAttitude.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, posting obscene or offensive content or violating QueerAttitude.com's "Safe Space" Policy.
D) Safe Space Policy and Content Guidelines
- The Safe Space Policy applies to the entire website, including all public content, members-only content, profiles and private messages.
- QueerAttitude.com is a website aimed at youth of all ages, and its content (whether posted by a user, moderator, or administrator) should be appropriate for all audiences. QA is not to be used as a dating website.
- Content may contain swear/curse words and mild references to sex. Constructive discussion about sex and other adult issues is permitted within a "16+" area of the website.
- Content must not contain graphic portrayals of sex, pornographic images, or links to pornographic images.
- Profiles and private messages must not contain any sexual references or sexual advances of any sort. Furthermore, public and private messages must not solicit sex, request hook-ups, request any other kind of meet-up including dates, or request personal information or images.
- Content may not include any personal details, including but not limited to full name, phone number, e-mail address, IM handle, postal or home address.
- Content may be either fact or fiction, aslong as the content does not cause defamation of character. Fiction must not be presented as fact, or vice versa.
- Content must not contain material which is homophobic, xenophobic, racist, sexist, libellous or otherwise objectionable or insulting.
- Content must not be plagiarised from another source, copied or reproduced from another source without permission, or copied or reproduced from another source without proper accreditation.
- Content must not be spam; it must not 1) advertise any product, service, or website (unless in the "Free Publicity Forum") unless published by an administrator, by agreement with the website owner, 2) be duplicated in any way, this includes submitting slightly altered content, re-titled content, and content within different website areas.
- Content is subject to moderation, which may mean its alteration, relocation, or deletion. Moderation may only be carried out by moderators and administrators of QueerAttitude.com.
E) Data Collection (Surveys and Questionnaires)
- Any topic that requests information from members must be authorised by site management.
- Any such authorised topic should request information to be posted to the topic to aide transparency, or collected anonymously via external means. Asking for details via Private Message is strictly forbidden.
- Such topics must only be started in the Publicity forum.
- Unauthorised data collection topics will be removed without discussion.
F) Content Ownership
- By submitting content (for example, a post or an entry) to QueerAttitude.com, you agree to grant QueerAttitude.com a royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your submission.
- Usernames must comply with these Terms & Conditions.
- All information provided must be, to the best of your knowledge, correct and truthful.
- Multiple registrations per person is not permitted.
H) Breach of Terms & Conditions
- Please report any breaches, or general misuse of QueerAttitude.com by using the contact form. Please describe the breach, and inform us of the offending user's username in addition to any useful information such as Forum Post number (#).
- Individual cases of breaches will be treated as deemed appropriate by the moderator or administrator dealing with the case.
- Moderators have the right to issue formal warnings via personal message. Administrators reserve the right to issue formal warnings via email which will be "Carbon Copied" to the website owner. Upon the issue of one or more formal warnings, your account is liable to be either suspended or deleted.
- In extreme cases, administrators reserve the right to suspend or delete an account without warning or prior notice in order to maintain the Safe Space.
Terms & Conditions last updated 12 May 2007.
LIKE THIS SITE
Last 15 mins: 22 guests, 7 members: emmapeelgirl, paulfrumkin, margaux_lady, Shy_Blossomer, slattzofella, LoveisLove, sleeplover18
Above all else, QA should be a friendly community. Contact us when our Terms are broken.
Events and promos
The Official QA Blog