The Rules, and The Etiquette
Welcome to the QA Gallery -- this is ARTatQA. You must read this section before using the Gallery, because you are obliged to respect your surroundings and follow the guidelines.
Everything you post must abide by our Content Guideliness and our overall Terms & Conditions... specifically, no porn. If you post porn, your account will be deleted. Topless boys are not porn, so that's generally acceptable!
Don't upload anything that you do not hold the copyright for, unless you have prior permission to do so. You automatically own the copyright to anything original that you create. Bear in mind though, that with everything you contribute to QA, you grant QueerAttitude.com certain rights with regards to your contribution. Please see our Terms & Conditions for more information.
Soo, what's QA Gallery about? The following, mainly...
- graphic design
- or even just snaps from your life
Quality is important:
- Upload the best shots, with the most emotional or artistic value
- Avoid repetition, and small or poor quality images
- Don't upload lots of shots of yourself and expect people to rate your looks!
Privacy is important too:
- If your photos contain friends & family, they must consent to being shown here on QA
- We take privacy seriously. So should you.
That's about it. One last thing though, if you make your Exhibitions public then they will be indexed by search engines like Google and Yahoo. They will store the images in their caches and display them in search results. If you don't want this, please make sure your Exhibition is set to Members Only.
So how does it work?
To be expanded later, but here goes.
- You can create Exhibitions within the QA Gallery, just like you have a Blog within the QA BlogBase
- You can upload images to your Exhibitions, just like to can add entries to your Blog
- There are no limits in place, just yet
- At any time, you can edit or delete your images and captions
- You can make whole Exhibitions members only or private, but not individual images
- One image in every Exhibition can be set as the Title Image -- it will then always show up as the first image, and it'll be used as the thumbnail
- You can overwrite images if you want to update them. Just edit the image, and choose the updated file to upload
- Everything you upload will be approved by a Mod. Your Exhibitions won't be available to others until all images in it have been approved
- Hotlinking is prohibited so you can't include any image you upload here in another website
- Error 500s: the server is timing out. Perhaps because your network is currently congested and slow, or perhaps because you're uploading an image with huge dimensions. Modern digital cameras (3 Megapixels +) will give you images with huge dimensions depending on settings. Please resize your image down to 1024x768. This free Microsoft download will help you out: Image Resizer Powertoy. iPhoto on Macs will also do the job just nicely.
- If your uploads are taking forever, try resizing them to make them smaller; see above.