Auto-login (2 weeks)
register now!
forgot your details?

Just need to talk?

UK: Childline on
0800 1111

US: Trevor Project on
866 488 7386

Mainpage QA Forums OpenZone Topic: What are your favorite/least fav lbgt films/tv?

Topic: What are your favorite/least fav lbgt films/tv?

Back to Topics Register
< Previous   |   Pages: 1   |   Next >
:: aunnalis
:: QA2 Settling in
please classify type of media and sexual orientation of the show. you can list more than one if you want!

i'll start, of course!

i've got to admit i love the The L Word. it's a rather well known series for the lbgt community. it's a lesbian (some bi and transgender)tv series about the life of a group of lesbian women in hollywood.

my least favorite is gimme sugar. it's a reality tv show about lesbians (and one bi girl) trying to start their own les club in los angeles. all it is is bitchiness and drama, shouting and fights. i'm just not a reality drama tv type of gal.
Do you speak my chemical lingo?
:: kavin
:: QA7 Taking responsibility
personally for me,most lgbt movies/series are really bad.most of the time i end up watching them just for the skin and eye candy

the L word,it has quite a few famous actresses in it,i don't watch it though
Valar Morghulis
:: alex97
I think that my favourite lgbt film is milk, that talks about the story of Harvey milk, an american politician who was the firts openly gay person to be elected to a public office.
I also like the L world (i love marina Emoticon: Smile :))
:: ejay17
:: QA3 Getting cosy
My favourite lgbt film is 'Beautiful Thing'. The film is indeed, beautiful! It is about 2 friends who discovered their sexuality and their love for each other, trying to hide it from their family. Unlike most of the lgbt film, this film is pretty real and it didn't exaggerate at all... Emoticon: Grin :D
:: photobomberrr
:: QA8 High Householder
My favorite LGBT film would be I Can't Think Straight. I loved it; it was absolutely great -- the cinematography was beautiful, the soundtrack was fantastic (I love soundtracks), and the dialogue was funny and believable.
Plus, both the lead actresses were gorgeous! It's a film I can watch again and again (and since it's on my iPod, I've watched it countless times).

My least favorite LGBT film would probably be Yes or No, a Thai lesbian film I saw a few months ago. The whole story just kind of fell flat for me, and the resolution wasn't really rewarding to the viewer, so I didn't like it all that much.
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."
:: Lia47
:: QA9 Grand Elder
My least favorite ones are "I love you Phillip Morris" and Glee. Phillip Morris is really just for the reason that i don't wanna see Jim Carrey having sex with anybody, least of all sweaty screamy badly-accented sex with a guy with a stupid mustache. And Glee because it perpetuates stereotypes.

My favorite is the old manga Kashimashi Girl meets Girl. It's a really weird story about the sexuality of three teenagers. One's a gay girl who falls in love with an effeminate boy, but can't bring herself to be sexually attracted to him, one's a straight girl who's in love with the same boy, but has also been his best friend and protector since they were little, and the boy, who gets accidentally turned into a girl when an alien spaceship crashed into him (yes, it's that kind of manga). It's really cute, anybody looking for something interesting to read should look it up.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku

Note: you are only allowed to read this signature with this playing in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4U5m0mA4KI
 New Window
  Edit: Lia47, Mon 8 Oct 12, 11:06PM
:: Embraceurself
:: QA10 Community God
Oh god where do I start xD

Faves:
In the big house (gotta have my reality tv fix)
Rupauls drag u/drag race
1 girl 5 gays
Latter Days

Least faves:

I dont think ive found any i dont like xD im not picky when it comes to tv/movies.
I am like a crayon. I may not be your favorite color, but one day you may need me in order to complete your drawing.

YAAAAAASSSSSSS GAGA! SLAY MAMA!

ARTPOP is an Artist's Revolution Through the Power Of Pop. It is the true definition of pop music birthed by the Queen herself. ARTPOP is the mark of a new generation.
:: aunnalis
i have to agree i love marina from the L Word. she got me at first glance... something so exotic and strong about her. and i can't help but enjoy a little shane from time to time.

i forgot to mention that i enjoy Lip Service. it's about some lesbians in Scotland. i never really liked the main character, cat. but damn that frankie... what i'd do for her to make a pass at me ^__~ i like the series too because it's drama is more realistic. people have their flaws but they still manage to get through life together. plus frankie is a more realistic player. you get to see that she's a person too, she's serious about certain relationships, and she's not always on a sex hunt. though they play similar roles, it shows you a more tangible approach to the "shane" experience.

i don't like glee either. it's just over exaggerated stereotypes. if anything, it makes other's perspectives of the gay community worse.
Do you speak my chemical lingo?
:: WilliamJP97
:: QA4 A spot of tea please, Alfred!
Favorites:
Latter Days- about a Mormon and his coming out
Redwoods- Omg. Literally amazing. About a guy who has a dull relationship with his husband and meets this struggling artist.
Dream Boys- I love this movie but also hate it, it's terribly sad and also a bit disturbing, but sooo good.
Eating Out- Hahah, pretty trashy. But funny
Adam and Steve

Least Favorite-
Bedrooms and Hallways- I found this movie terribly boring.
:: onewish
:: QA1 Just in
The L word, I love alice she's so funny, plus I love a good drama series.
Boys don't cry is also a favorite.
But am a cheerleader is a classic.
and I would say Imagine me and you.
oh yes one more I can't think straight, Lisa Ray is one beutiful woman.
:: Callumw3
:: QA8 High Householder
Callum back for good, indefinitely [Avatar]
My guilty pleasure is the eating out series, I love it because its so bad! Hahah it makes me happy though tbh :')

My all time favourite is beautiful thing though which someone else mentioned, its so realistic and heart warming I love it!

Brokeback mountain is also a fave, it makes me cry everytime though Emoticon: Sad :(

I really liked another gay movie I thought that was really fun and another sorta guilty pleasure but it leads me onto my least favourite; another gay sequel : they should have just kept it at one!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jo...ou?feature=mhee
 New Window
:: Codynate
:: QA6 Livin' it up!
Mine'd be Nate and Margaret--the actor playing Nate is really sweet and doesn't fit into the stereotypes,+ the story centers on the dorky yet inspiring friendship b/w the 52 year old Maragaret and 19 year-old Nate.
Plus after watching,I couldn't tell the actor's straight--I salute himEmoticon: Smile :)

My least favourite'd be the Another gay movie series--kind of pointless,don't you think?
:: emmapeelgirl
:: QA6 Livin' it up!
I think Lip Service is brilliant, and I adored Cat Emoticon: Grin :D
I don't really have a least favourite, I'm afraid.
:: justxjosh
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Prayers for Bobby yet. It's my favourite LGBT movie, made better purely because it is a true story.

TV wise, Queer as Folk was brilliant, a little out-dated now perhaps, but still quite funny none the less.

I agree, I Love You Phillip Morris is just horrible. I shudder even thinking about it.
:: Jesse2shy
:: QA9 Grand Elder
Okay, I haven't been on here in months, let's see if I remember how all of this stuff works again.

Favorites: The TV show Pretty Little Liars. I think that it's important to have characters like Emily Fields who struggle with their sexuality, but more importantly, I think Paige McCullers is the most important queer character on TV right now because she's made so many mistakes, but she is still fighting through things. My favorite lgbt movie is probably I Can't Think Straight, lovely actresses and a decent film, But I'm a Cheerleader is also great and funny, as well as the classic The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love. Boys Don't Cry and The Laramie Project are also quite amazing in my opinion.

Lease Favorites: Glee is a pretty poor representation of the queer community, I still watch it, but they play into stereotypes way too much.
http://tryflashback.tumblr.com
 New Window
  Edit: Jesse2shy, Sun 14 Oct 12, 3:25PM
:: UhHuhHer
:: QA5 Having the neighbours round
I absolutely adore Chasing Amy. It has some amazingly honest conversations on sexual fluidity that me and my pansexual friends found extremely touching. Also it's funny and about comic artists, which a lot of my friends fantasize about being one day.

I watch the L Word because it's one of those things that's funniest when it's trying to be serious, and the actors are much better than their material, but I actually cringe at the thought of people who are not lesbians watching it and thinking, yes, this is what lesbians are like.
:: Embraceurself
:: QA10 Community God
New fave: The New Normal xD love this show!!!
I am like a crayon. I may not be your favorite color, but one day you may need me in order to complete your drawing.

YAAAAAASSSSSSS GAGA! SLAY MAMA!

ARTPOP is an Artist's Revolution Through the Power Of Pop. It is the true definition of pop music birthed by the Queen herself. ARTPOP is the mark of a new generation.
:: farzine
Cancelled by user is sleepy for the weekend [Avatar]
I haven't watched many, but from the one's I have watched my favorite is Tomboy. I can relate to the main character pretty well.
-Farzine
< Previous   |   Pages: 1   |   Next >
Back to Topics Register
LIKE THIS PAGE