US: Trevor Project on
866 488 7386

Mainpage QA Forums Starbucks Topic: Funny coming out stories

Topic: Funny coming out stories

Back to Topics Register
< Previous   |   Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   |   Next >
:: vampire2108
:: QA4 A spot of tea please, Alfred!
Ok, so after reading all those depressing posts about parents not accepting their kids, I want to hear from any of you who have funny stories regarding coming out.

Here's mine - So I came out in the middle of my ninth grade year, and I kinda did it gradually, just telling people if it came up or whatever, because I thought most of my friends might have guessed and I don't really think it's a major relevation that one needs to make a big deal about. Anyway, so I thought I had told all of my friends, or at least I had told enough that it would get around, but one day we were driving back from a concert and it was like midnight or whatever, and I mentioned something about how when i came out to my parents it wasn't a big deal or whatever, and half of my friends go, "What?! You're bi?!" And I'm sitting there laughing with the few friends that knew, and one of my other friends goes, "I knew it." And then one of my friends is like, "Why doesn't anyone ever tell me anything?" and she kept repeating that every minute or so for a while, which made us keep cracking up. Of course, we were all pretty tired at that point, being freshpeople and all...Anyway, it was hilarious, and they were all pretty much ok. I even got a kiss from one of my bi friends! Yum!
I love everyone! ok, mostly...
:: shlawesome1
:: QA6 Livin' it up!
YAY!!! i like good stories. ok, so i was just finding out that i was bi/lesbian, and my friends were trying 2 set me up with some guy, and they couldn't understand y i wouldn't go out with him. so i vame out 2 them @ a sleepover and they start 2 crack up and think of things 2 say 2 the guy they were trying 2 set me up with. he had never met me, so we called him and told hom the truth and he freaked out over the phone, which was funny cuz he sounded like a girl. in the middle of the phone call, my friend takes this cylinder-shaped pillow and pretends they're boobs and smashes them into my face....inthe middle of the phone call. i luv my friends Emoticon: Smile :)
please don't burry me down in the cold cold ground
i'd rather have you cut me up and pass me all around
throw my brain in a hurricane and the blind can have my eyes
the deaf can have both my ears if they don't mind the sighs.

~a song
:: Tiffannon
:: QA2 Settling in
the funny part about me coming out 2 'my boys' ( im the mother of the group of now 6 boys witch is 1/3 of the culinary shop) in my school i dont have to tell anyone anymore. all i do when someone new coms in is go to the one that is still partially a homopobe and say 'did u warn them yet' and if not he brings me over and says 'this is shannon the lesbian'. it is really ammusing haveing the people look at me like r u serious and me just nodding my head and laughin at them. normaly he goes around and shows the new people in shop our 'family' of newly 7. (a kid just came in 2 weeks ago and wanted to be in the family). omg i need to shut up if u wanna talk to me more bout the crazy familyness send me a message. bye
:: `Hot.Wheels`
This one's kind of short...xD But it's amusing.

Me: "Hey Alien?"
My cousin: "Yeah?"
Me: "How do you feel about...anyone who's gay and whatnot? Support it or against it?"
My cousin: "Totally support it."
Me: [sigh] "I'm bisexual."
My cousin: "I'm gay."
Me: "Oh, okay."

`Two minutes later`

Me: "Wait, WHAT?"

That was great. xD And he was serious, too.
:: Posthumously
:: QA7 Taking responsibility
sarah, was it an instant messaagner conversation? in any case it still makes me smile. Emoticon: Tongue :p Emoticon: Rainbow Pride (p)
--Josh
:: thisway
:: QA Staff (Administrator)
Hahah... Sarah that still has me laughing ... great stuff, I hope you're not kidding Emoticon: Tongue :p

Hmm ... funniest one that I can remember ... about Year 9 I guess, at a party or sleepover or something where most of my friends already knew about my whole "yay for boys" thing except this one guy who to be honest wasn't really my friend friend, just some guy really... anyway... me being gay came up in conversation and suddenly he got all huffy, pinned me down on a sofa, raised his fist and shouted, "what? you're gay? are you fucking gay?" ... and because he's such a pathetic weed, I just laughed rioutously at him, one of my other mates said, "Mike, don't be a prick," and he got all embarassed and shoved off for a minute before coming back and awkwardly apologised to everyone. ... that was kinda funny at the time Emoticon: Tongue :p

Close contender was with my mum ... me talking about some girl mate of mine ... "Bloody hell, Robin, are you sure you're gay?" "Yes. ... but how did you know about that???"
:: shlawesome1
k, this happened yesterday when a group of us were talking.

me: guess what
jonah: u decided 2 have sex w/ ur girlfriend
me: sweetie, if i did u would b the last 1 2 kno about it.

it was pretty funny at the time...then again, we were really hyper =P
please don't burry me down in the cold cold ground
i'd rather have you cut me up and pass me all around
throw my brain in a hurricane and the blind can have my eyes
the deaf can have both my ears if they don't mind the sighs.

~a song
:: A_Bleeding_Sky
:: QA1 Just in
LOL Okay this is short...but last year during my math class i whipped out my cell phone and sent a text to my mom that said "i'm gay" It's not as funny as some of the other stories...but all my friends got a kick out of it...i came out by telling the story...
The language of love letters is the same as suicide notes. [C. Love]
:: `Hot.Wheels`
Posthumously --

No, actually. Haha. I'm just slow. Like...in normal conversations...AFTER it's over..I'm all.."Wait, what?"
:: vampire2108
haha, I think shocking people is so much fun!
I love everyone! ok, mostly...
:: imfamoushuge
:: QA3 Getting cosy
I agree haha....I have a slightly humorous story.
I was telling this one friend that i was gay cause i figured why not, for what ever reason i dono i kind of drug it out instead of just saying it like normal...i dont know why.....but it was very awkward then another friend told me that she had already told the friend i just told like 3 weeks earlier.....i was so embarrassed
"If there's a killer in me, there's a killer in you."
:: nhs_mascot
I'm only out to one person, and I did it when we were talking on IM...the topic came up of a kid in our school who had just graduated and he was one of the most popular kids in the school and he was a star athlete and it turned out he was gay. So my friend started talking about how hard it must be to come out and how she has a lot of respect for people who do it, so I took my oppurtunity and said "can i tell you something? i'm gay" and she just went "shut up! no you're not" and i was like "yes...i am" and she was like "stoppppp joking! you're lying" and i had to convince her for about a minute that I was gay. Thought that was kind of funny....I never thought that I would have to convince anyone!
:: lovetolaugh
:: QA10 Community Goddess
LMAO Sarah! That's hilarious.

Unfortunately mines not that funny..but i'll have a funny one in the future, i'm sure!
You do what you love, and fuck the rest.

-Little Miss Sunshine
:: theotherside
:: QA8 High Householder
Not really funny, but my weirdest coming out was to my best friend over MSN. She'd just come out to me as trans (well, I'd already guessed she was trans, and I'd finally asked her if she was and she said yes), and it just seemed natural for me to share too. The conversation could be summarized in "I'm a girl." "Really? I like girls." "Cool." But the thing is, we were both really awkward about it and had trouble even typing full words. So it really consisted of "Yeah, T is put with LGB too much." "I'm between the B and the L." etc... it's kind of funny to read later. We had this whole unspoken code.

I came out to another friend when we were talking about actors (male and female) we found hot. I kept saying I knew way more actresses than male actors. He was joking about how he even finds male actors hotter than the gross anorexic actesses. He made his list of actors he thought were hot, and commented on how there were lots of guys on it (he's straight - he was kidding). I told him he must have different tastes from me, since I don't have any guys on my list. It's not that funny, but he got a kick out of it.
Keep your religion out of my bedroom, and I won't have sex in your church.

Don't assume I'm straight, and I won't assume you're gay.
:: deye-verse-13
mine is only slighty funny.
as foreshadowing i'll let u know that my cousins nickname is pheobe(like from Freinds)
i made a bracelet that says imru, and she kept asking me about it.
so finally we were by ourselves and she asked again and the convo went as follows:
her-what dopes it mean
me- it basically means im queer are u
her-shouldnt there be a q
me- well other ppl identify differently
her- o ok
*2-3 mins pass*
her- wait r u?

i laffed lol
but i was shaking so bad haha it was only the second time i did it in person(i even came out to both my mom and dad on email!) lol

~aasha
.:NO REGRETS:.

we.are.all.in.this.together. PERIOD.
:: Viziroth
M.Alex Huggles is here for you, indefinitely [Avatar]
well...
once I realised who I was I wasa outta the closet in about 2days to my entire school....heh gossiping lezzie friends...

anyway some ppl still didn't know and well some ppl actually ask me if my one friend(a girl) and I were going out...now I'm deck out w/ my lavender bag w/ rainbow smily keychain writing w/ my pink pen wearing my hoody that I sew my own rainbow trim on wearing jeans w/ purple stables in them and have rainbow sticks on my hoody books and one on my cheek.....so I just do the wrist thing talk in a high pitch voice and click my tongue on the rook of my mouth saying "like omg totally." and they just blinked and walked away...did that about 5times then it got old...
Where my shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland.
Don't make me practice my interior decorating on your internal organs o.O
The sky isn't the limit, it's a suggestion.
I wish I was eccentric *sigh* unfortunately I'm too crazy for euphemisms.
:: Shaun
:: QA9 Grand Elder
Shaun Sheep is hopped up on catnip =D for a while [Avatar]
Hmm ... i spose mine are slightly funny if you have a scewed sense of humour ...

My first friend i told needed convincing ... she just wouldn;t believe me. So i convinced her by saying "Go to this site" and gave her the QA address ... it was all done over MSN ... then we spent the rest of the night talking abut hot actors ... we both have the same tastes ... woot woot ...

My next was my folks ... i wrote it as a poem, gave it to my mum, who read it. She looked up at me and said "Are you really?" I nodded, and she laughed slihtly, and said "Your a dag." Thought that was funny. Dad just laughed a bit when he read it, and was suprised ... lols

My final was with one of my newer friends ... my best friend asked if my newer friend could know (cos they both really good friends), and i said sure ... she whispered it in her ear, and then my newer friend turned to me and said "So!" That was that, no more said or done. I almost laughed, cos twas the way she said it. lols ...

I did say they weren't that funny, but ne ways ...

Catya l8r ... Shaun
"I think love is just a made-up emotion to cover the fact that we are biologically drawn to a staggering degree to viable genetic donors" - My Best Friend the Russian
:: lovetolaugh
Lol! Seth you're too funny.
You do what you love, and fuck the rest.

-Little Miss Sunshine
:: queercheer2010
:: QA9 Grand Elder
I was at my friend's sleepover (another girl) and I came out to her and like 4 other girls on our way from gymnastics one night. anywho. at the sleepover her boyfriend said something about guys being all over me and my friend (kim) yelled "she's the one that came out of the closet you idiot!" and then he looked at me and said "that's so cool!" and then her bro looked at me and said that i should convince his friend to come out of the closet b/c everyone thinks he's gay. i laughed along with everyone. it's like a "you had to be there" moment. Emoticon: Rainbow Pride (p) Emoticon: Grin :D
"I mean I believe in some sort of Kinsey Scale, ya know? But for me.. from the scale of 1 to put your cock in me, I like pussy"
(Liz Feldman)
:: Theenerz
:: QA8 High Householder
This one isn't so much funny as interesting. The first one that is.

Ardi and I

Me: Ardi...I think I'm gay.
Her: Okay.
Me: I was expecting a little more then that!!!
Her: I love you?

Anthony:

Psh. I already knew. HEY! Now Wesley owes me $10!
Me: What? Why?
Him: I said you'd come out before x-mas.

Lastly, Taylor:

Me: Hey Moose?
Her: Yeah?
Me: I think I like girls.
Her: Well DUH!

XD I love my friends.
In loving memory of James Charles Fulcher. 11/3/88-7/28/07 and John Patrick Hollesen 5/16/90-11/25/07.
< Previous   |   Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   |   Next >
Back to Topics Register
LIKE THIS PAGE