Auto-login (2 weeks)
register now!
forgot your details?

Just need to talk?

UK: Childline on
0800 1111

US: Trevor Project on
866 488 7386

Mainpage » QA Forums » Queer Thinking » Topic: Homosexual Extremists (Anti-Heterosexual)

Topic: Homosexual Extremists (Anti-Heterosexual)

Back to Topics Register
< Previous   |   Pages: 1   |   Next >
:: DrowningFlame
:: QA9 Grand Elder
So we always talk on here about heterosexuals who suppress and criticizes gays well what about the other way around. What about the homosexuals who bash all heterosexuals. There are Homosexual people or groups who target heterosexuals with words or violence. Although the anti-heterosexual crimes are much less than anti-homosexual ones it still does exist. Not all heteros are bad and not all homos are good. I just wanted to bring this into perspective. It just doesn't seem right that these homosexuals are trying to fight for their freedom by doing the exact same things some heterosexuals do to them. You can't not want to be suppressed or hurt because of who you are then go and do the same thing to other people. Its just hypocritical.

Here are some statistics as you can see yes anti-homosexual crimes are higher than anti-heterosexual, but there is enough of it for there to be a statistic on it.

http://gaylife.about.com/od/ha.../statistics.htm
 New Window
:: winnersmw
I can see what you're saying, and I agree that we shouldn't be so hypocritical. I do feel the need to point out that those statistics say that only 1.8-2% of all sexual orientation based crimes were anti-heterosexual in nature. That's why 98% of the time you hear about all the heterosexuals and their heterosexism. It's just a bigger problem, put simply.

Still, anti-heterosexual crimes are just as bad as anti-homosexual ones. I can, however, see why one would find it easier to be anti-heterosexual than anti-homosexual. I'm still not condoning either.
"I am reminded of a colleague who reiterated 'all my homosexual patients are quite sick'—to which I finally replied 'so are all my heterosexual patients'." -Ernest van den Haag, psychotherapist
:: theotherside
:: QA8 High Householder
I don't think the people who commit these crimes are homosexual extremists. I also don't think anti-gay people are heterosexual extremists, (male) wife batterers are male extremists, man-hating women are feminist extremists, white supremicists are white extremists, "Christian" hate groups or Al Quida members are religious extremists, or black panthers are black extremists. That implies that these people take their identity (male, female, gay, straight, black, white, Christian, Muslim, etc) to the extreme, and the extreme is hate for all non-members of that group. I don't believe the extreme of homosexuality is hatred for heterosexuality, any more than the extreme of heterosexuality is homophobia. People who commit hate crimes are hate-filled people, regardless of their demographic identities.

That was a really long explanation that was just debating the semantics of the term; I realise you weren't actually saying hate crimes against straights are the "extreme" of homosexuality. It's just a semantics thing; I completely agree with your actual point, and everything you actually meant to say. It's a huge problem when gay people respond to violence with violence, and it makes the whole queer community look bad. That's why I'm so picky about differentiating ourselves from those who commit hate crimes, and not referring to them as extreme homosexuals. An anti-straight hate crime is just as bad as an anti-gay one.
Keep your religion out of my bedroom, and I won't have sex in your church.

Don't assume I'm straight, and I won't assume you're gay.
:: anarch
Actually, I'd say that extreme heterosexuality is the same as anti-homosexual. The most extreme support for any group always culminates in hatred of all other groups - so actually, extreme homosexuals are analogous to anti-heterosexuals.

Why? Well, consider what it means to be an extreme supporter of something - it means you believe it's fantastic and massively important, and that you feel that it's so beneficial or important that everyone should do the same. You have a need to spread your idea when you reach the level of extremism. And naturally, if I believe that homosexuality should be spread everywhere and that everyone should follow it, heterosexuality is by its mutual exclusivity, worse. Heterosexuality is therefore, in contrast to homosexuality, bad.

This assertion that some people are just "hate-filled" just isn't true - you won't find that homophobes, white supremacists, anti-Semites and feminists are all the same people; they comprise often different groups of people who hold those beliefs because of an ardent belief in the opposite view. When one is raised to believe that "heterosexuality is right", it follows that "homosexuality is wrong". Yes, some of those groups overlap, but only because many of those groups (such as the straight, white, male archetype) overlap in their membership - not because straight, white males are naturally hateful.

But on topic, of course it's as bad - as Shawn said it just doesn't proliferate to the same extend as anti-homosexual crime.
~Queen of Hearts, Co-King of Tommania-Kodanbourg, Overlord of the Inconceivable Castle, Trader in Wits, Sarcasms and Paradoxes, Somewhat-less-dashing Co-host of TADTARSFAHWYEB, Unicorn-narwhal-lawyer, Pink Marshmallow, PolsGeek, The Law

Also: LYNN IS ADORABLE!
:: ProfessorChaos
:: QA7 Taking responsibility
Lulz @ putting "feminists" and "white supremacists" in the same list...
Image linked by member.
:: willworkforhug
:: QA10 Community Goddess
Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Militant LGBT people drive me up the wall. We're seeking equality here, and hate is not going to get that accomplished. Every act a homosexual commits, like it or not, is reflected back on the gay community. We don't need any more bad press; the homophobes have already done that for us. We need to face them with love and respect.
"If birth is fission, then the love we make is fusion; and to make an End is nothing more than to realize a Beginning." --Evidence of Things Unseen
So we're supposed to love and respect homophobes? I have absolutely no respect for homophobes or homophobia.
Image linked by member.
:: Meganwho?-ohme
^i dnt think thats what she ment. i think she meant we have to face them with respect and love otherwise we wont get anywhere. cuz violence and stuff dosnt help and makes us look bad. but dosnt mean at all we think their homophobia is okay.

There is only about 2%. Anti-heterosexual of corse is completely hiprocritical and its kinda...impossible. I mean we wouldnt exsist w/o straight people. yeah we could find ways but still. Emoticon: Tongue :p

I bet those cases the gay person who did it probally was upset about the world and maybe had a lot of bad homophobia that made them take it out on straight people. I mean theres 6 billion people in the world and its bound to happen somewhere.
There are actually homosexuals who hate all straight people. You might not know and I dont personally know any, but they are out there.
:: sukisyokitty
:: QA10 Community Goddess
Definately agree with you there. I don't think any case of extremism is right as such, it just tends to make things worse - especially when there's already a pile of bad stereotyping or image piled on that group. Activism can be good, but it has to be done right. So yeah, I don't think people should forget that not all homosexuals are good because we are people too, and there are always exceptions.
"It's better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not"
~ Kurt Cobain
There's anyone out there. There are people who hate all women, hate all men, hate all people who speak two languages, hate all Hungarians, etc. But acting like there's some kind of problem with anti-heterosexuality is silly. There really isn't at all, especially judging by these statistics. There are extremists in every demographic.

I guess I just don't really understand the point in this thread. I don't think most homosexuals or even a significant amount of them hate all heterosexuals and would commit a hate crime against them. It's not an epidemic or anything like that (I know you didn't say that, but that was kind of what was seemingly implied to me by this thread).
Image linked by member.
  Edit: ProfessorChaos, Thu 23 Dec 10, 8:31PM
:: Meganwho?-ohme
yea srry i didnt rlly say it right but there defintly are homosexuals who hate all straight ppl out there.

nd completely agree w/ jez
@ everett

i def didnt imply that as i stated its a very small number and its nothing huge but i think its hypocritical for the people who di it. and yes you may not think it but some homosexuals do commit hate crimes against heterosexuals. it is a very small amount but it does happen. just because u dont really hear about it doesnt mean anything. the point is its wrong and im trying to show that there is always going to be people no matter what side they are on trying to put some people down. black americans had the problem women had the problem and now all put us down well we arnt perfect either there are some although very small amount who put down other groups of people. there are racist, sexist, and anti-heterosexual homosexuals and its hypocritical. thats the point of this thread. to show that no ones perfect and every act no matter how small looks bad on all of us because of so many people who hate us every little thing we do gets blown out of proportion and comes back at us. so sorry but it is a little rude of you to say any post on his forum is insignificant. maybe you might not think it is but some people do. just because something doesnt matter to you doesnt mean it doesnt mean something to someone else.
Ugh. Sometimes this site really annoys me...

Look. The point I'm trying to make is that I don't think anyone actually thought that homosexuals were perfect angelic human beings who can do no wrong. Like I said, there are extremists in any group, there are hypocrites in any group, there are assholes in any group. But anti-heterosexuality is not a significant problem that so plagues are society. Both are problems, yes, and both shouldn't exist. But one is far more rampant than the other.

I mean, honestly, did you really think that people thought homosexuals were perfect and could do no wrong? Who said that?
Image linked by member.
  Edit: ProfessorChaos, Fri 24 Dec 10, 7:03PM
:: ashton97
:: QA4 A spot of tea please, Alfred!
two words for anti-heterosexual: Chris. Crocker.
yeah and its rude to tell someone their post doesn't matter. and of coarse i know anti-homosexuality is bigger and i never said homosexuals are perfect i said no one on here brings it up. and like i also said it wasnt a significant problem but it is still wrong.
:: srhscenario
Moz is going to focus on her coursework and her paper for a few days [Avatar]
I know we should accept everybody, but I don't support anti-any religion/culture/etc. Anti-heterosexual? Honestly, it's a load of bullshit. Without heterosexuality, there would be no breeding. Without breeding, the human race would die off. No offense to anyone who may feel like that, but it's generally an idiotic practice. Obviously you were born and that means there had to be some sort of heterosexual breeding going on, even if it was synthetic.
It was an exquisite irony: Just when we stopped wanting to kill ourselves, we started to die. Just when we were feeling strength, it was taken from us.
This should not happen to you.
Talk all you want about youth feeling invincible. Surely, some of us had that bravado. But there was also the dark inner voice telling us we were doomed. And then we were doomed. And then we weren't.
You should not feel doomed. Not in the same way.
you can only doom yourself.

-David Levithan. "How Beautiful the Ordinary: Twelve Stories of Identity" A Word From the Nearly Distant Past
:: MissPeachyKin
:: QA4 A spot of tea please, Alfred!
This is really hypocritical. :\
I heard once of this family... The mother and one of the daughters were both lesbian... So when the other daughter found out she was straight they shunned her for it.
Isn't this exactly the stuff we're trying to avoid?
Feeling so fly like a cheese stick.
:: crabot
:: QA1 Just in
You know I guess I am mostly straight (not exactly, given that I am sort of very closeted trans, but mostly straight is how I appear from the outside, maybe a little bit bisexual.) Yet I am in a sense "anti-heterosexual". I mean, I don't think I "hate" heterosexuals - I kind of am one, and there are many heterosexuals whom I love and respect and could in no way be said to hate. But, if you ask me, what is superior, heterosexuality or homosexuality? I would have to answer, that homosexuality is. Homosexuality is more perfect than heterosexuality, in my view, because the (cis)homosexual soul is balanced in its desire of being and its desire of having, while the heterosexual soul is fundamentally unbalanced - it desires to have what it does not desire to be; it desires others to desire what it does not desire to desire itself. Maybe this sounds a bit crazy, but in my view heterosexuality is a sin against logic. By comparison, homosexuality and bisexuality aren't.

I don't encourage violence or persecution or discrimination against heterosexuals. I just think that we are poor unfortunate souls that have been cursed with heterosexuality (maybe God is punishing us for some transgression in a past life), and that heterosexuals should be pitied rather than hated. But I'm not going to deny the fundamental superiority of the homosexual way, and my belief that non-heterosexuality is a blessing of which heterosexuals are sadly deprived.

So yes, I am in a sense anti-heterosexual (despite being to some degree heterosexual myself.) While I agree some forms of anti-heterosexualism could be harmful, I don't think the form of anti-heterosexualism to which I subscribe is harmful to anyone.
< Previous   |   Pages: 1   |   Next >
Back to Topics Register
LIKE THIS PAGE