Just need to talk?
UK: Childline on
US: Trevor Project on
866 488 7386
Quality content guide
Make your contributions the best they can be
Hey there! We've compiled this guide to give you an idea of how to create good content. QA is viewed by millions of people worldwide and the majority of our content is text so lets do our best to make it a good read!
For forum posts and blogs, take into account the following advice:
- Try not to use txt spk, because text is easier to read when it's written properly. We're not short of space on our computer screens, and we have full keyboards -- so don't be lazy!
- Write in paragraphs. Great big blocks of text are daunting. People won't always read through it.
- Use proper capitalisation. ALL CAPS equals shouting, and all small letters just looks childish. Also, please don't Capitalise The First Letter Of Every Word -- who on earth taught you to do that?
- Grammar. OK, so we're not all good at English, but full stops and commas are pretty easy. If you miss 'em out, people will easily take the wrong meaning from what you've written.
- Spelling. Doesn't have to be perfect, we all make mistakes after all, but try at least.
Basically, don't just fire something out as if you haven't even thought about it.
- Take some time
- Think about your contribution
- Read your post or blog, and edit the mistakes you notice -- you have 1 hour before the edit button on your post disappears
Uploading stuff to the Gallery? Cool! Here's some tips:
- If your images are tiny, they will look really crap in Gallery. Don't upload tiny images.
- Repetition is bad. Your Exhibition will be boring and tedious if you upload ten shots of yourself in different poses. Don't do it. This is not MySpace and we don't like "look at me" content. This is a community and not a soapbox.
- If it's a bad shot, with the subject in the distance or blurred out, don't upload it. What's the point? Appreciation will be low and it'll just use space on our server.
Look for the best shots you have. Look for the ones which are cute, funny, beautiful, unusual, inspiring or thought-provoking. Upload 'em, because we'd love to see them.
Help us keep the site organised, and put your contribution in the best place. Others will find it easier if you do. Also, you'll generate less work for the Mods who have to come along and clean up. We don't get paid remember, we're volunteers, and you're our guests. Try your best to choose the right forum. Moreover, don't choose to post rubbish to your blogs just because it gets you more attention.
Apply some thought!
Thanks for reading, and we appreciate your efforts in making QA a funky, clever, and inspiring community!
Last 15 mins: 24 guests, 5 members: Cheesecake, Cameron, Milababy, cutiegayboy, alex_is
Above all else, QA should be a friendly community. Contact us when our Terms are broken.
Events and promos
The Official QA Blog